Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sledding Snowman


This card uses Beate's Weekend Sketch #27 and is also for Joan's Hop-A-Thon contest. This adorable snowman is one of Asela's awesome stamps that Cornish Heritage Farms carries. I LOVE this snowman, and so many of Asela's other stamps that you can find here at Cornish Heritage Farms.

I stamped the snowman with StazOn Jet Black and used my Coluzzle to cut out the big circle, and then matted with Always Artichoke. I then trimmed around the circle with my Fiskars Mini-Scallop Paper Edgers. I colored the image with my Classic SU inks and my Aqua Painter. I used my 2-Way Glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds to add some sparkle here and there. The designer paper is Wintergreen from SU! The chipboard snowflake was a suggestion from my DH, and is from the SU On Board Garland Greetings found in the Holiday Mini catalog (I've been hoarding those way too long). Whisper White Craft ink and Iridescent Ice Embossing powder was used to add color and sparkle. The ribbon is May Arts.

Thanks so much for visiting!!

Stamps: Sledding Snowman (Cornish Heritage Farms, Asela's Collection), Festive Favorites (SU)
Card Stock: Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow, Naturals White, Wintergreen
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White Craft
Accessories: Aquapainter, 2-Way Glue Pen/Dazzling Diamonds, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder/Heat Tool, On Board Garland Greetings (SU), Fiskars Mini-Scallop Paper Edgers

23 comments:

My Paper World said...

Wow! This is super cute, love the sledging snowman and that big snowflake!

Donna Baker said...

this is adorable! love the softness of the colors, and all the fun that snoman is having!

Alhambra Club said...

What an adorable snowman, love tht giant snowflake.

Bethany Paull said...

Give DH the thumbs up! Love the snowflake. Such a pretty card.

Unknown said...

what a smart hubby you have!! :) looks great rose ann! I love the simple beauty of this card!

Anonymous said...

Rose Ann, I am so glad you got to play with the sketch! Your card turned out beautiful!!! LOVE the image and the large snowflake.
You rock!
Hugs and smiles

Deborah said...

Great sledding You certainly did a great job on the scallop cutter! Thanks for your kind words Rose Ann.
Deb

joslyn said...

love it. love the big circle and such a cute stamp. great.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card, I love it

Deb said...

Beautiful card Rose Ann, I love your circle matted with those tiny scallops. The snowman is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh this is sooooo stinkin cute .. I am such a snowman junky he is adorable . I swear he really looks like he is cruising down a hill at 50 MPH .. Love it

xoxox
Dawn Griffith

Jukie said...

I love it - its a great fun card.

Anonymous said...

love it, love it, love it!

Dawn Easton said...

Awwwww....soooooooo cute Rose Ann! Great job on the sketch!! I love that image...adorable! I've been hoarding that chipboard too, time to pull it out. I used one the other day.
Snowmen melt my heart!

Alli Miles said...

Just wonderful! I love Asela's collection. You made this into a super card!

Libby Hickson said...

This is super cute! Love the mini scallop edge around the circle. :-)

Anonymous said...

great card--i love the colors and that stamp is so cute!

Kelly said...

Great card! Love the big snowflake!

kathleenh said...

Totally cute card! I love the chipboard snowflake. It really adds!

Anonymous said...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
It is totally darling!!!
I feel cooler already!

~Tex

Anonymous said...

You're so good about using your new stamps right away. I could learn from you! This is darling! I think this sledding snowman guy is so cute! Love the paper, too.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your sledding snowman card, so cute. I have that one and a few more on the way, can't wait!

Jacki Marie said...

What an adorable card!