Monday, April 30, 2007

Zachary's Birthday



Our oldest child, Zachary, turns 9 on Tuesday. He's is having a Pirates of the Caribbean theme for his birthday, so I made this pirate card for him. The distressing was created with the Fiskars deckle scissors, Cutter's Kit and a Stampin' Sponge with Creamy Caramel ink. The map is created using BasicGrey papers: Perhaps (land), Blush (sea). To create the sparkle, I used my Stardust Gelly Roll pen. I made the map wavy by curving it around a pen back and forth, and mounted it with Stampin' Dimensionals. Each side is punched with the 1/16th circle hand punch, and tied around the Close to Cocoa layer with Natural Hemp. The main image is watercolored with my ink refills, and Aqua Painter. I used a Blender Pen converted into a Cool Caribbean marker, to outline the pirate. I made some highlights with my Signo Gel Pen.

Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Ahoy Matey, Matey's Map Jumbo wheel (and handle), Amazing to Zany
Card stock: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Watercolor, BasicGrey: Perhaps & Blush
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa, Timber Brown StaZon, Refills: Real Red, Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Tempting Turquoise, Signo White Gel Pen, Stardust Gelly Roll pen
Accessories: Fiskars Deckle Scissors, Cutter's Kit, Natural Hemp, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponges, 1/16 Circle Hand Punch, Word Window Punch

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Rose Ann! I love the way you created the map!

Adelina said...

What a great idea for a little boy! I really like the way you created the map. The distressed look is my favorite.

Bethany Paull said...

How awesome! The deckled white looks so real (as in really old). I love the two colors for the map and the large brown mat. Too cool! Zachary must love it.

Aimeslee Winans said...

This is too stinkin cute, he will love it!

aimeslee

Allison Rankin said...

Super cute composition!

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness! I am in love with this card! I love how you paper pieced the land and sea! Looks awesome! I love the hemp and sword too! I am going to have to try this!

Unknown said...

I love your card. I've been wanting this set and the wheel for some time. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Rose Ann!