Monday, July 9, 2007

Soak up the Sun

I was just about to load this card up on blogger, and I lost my internet connection. So...finally I'm back online. (What would we do without the internet these days?)

So.... on to my card. I made this Summery card with the My Favorite Things "Hit the Beach" set that I won from Taylor. After doing Beate's challenge, I decided to do another "Joy-Fold. The sun is made with the new SU snow blossom punch. I just cut the "knobs" off, and sponged the edges of the Summer Sun card stock with Pumpkin Pie. The top layer of the sun is punched with the ¾" circle punch. I used Heat & Stick Powder to adhere the Dazzling Diamonds to the sun, and my Quickie Glue pen for the "rays". My little "scene" is stamped on watercolor paper, because I was going to use my re-inkers to color it. I changed my mind, and decided to use my Prismacolor & Pure Color Pencils with Gamsol instead. The "itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini" is colored with a Summer Sunish looking yellow, then dotted with my Signo White Gel Pen. I also highlighted some areas with my Stardust pen. The designer cloud paper is from Cosmo Cricket Storytime collection. The Primas are from a kit I purchased from Jacksonbelle Embellishments.

Thanks for visiting, and have a great day!

Stamps: Hit the Beach, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Card Stock: Kraft, Bashful Blue, Summer Sun, Storytime (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Creamy Caramel, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Snow Blossom & ¾" circle punches, Heat & Stick Powder, Quickie Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Stardust Pen, Signo White Gel Pen, Black Ultra fine Sharpie, Prismacolor & Pure Color Pencils, Gamsol and Stumps (to blend), Prima Flower Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals & Sponges

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you lost your internet connection.
I was sitting outside the last 1/2 hour chatting with Jenn soaking in the sun while waiting for UPS to come. Still nothing!
LOVE your card. Absolutely gorgeous! Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Cute card, lucky girl...winning that set!! I should buy that set for my daughter for some reason it reminds me of her. Glad you got your connection back, my phone has been out off and on today, must be the storms.

Anonymous said...

Love this fold, and I love thos rays of sunshine!!! Great card!

Dottie K. said...

This is so cute. I love everything about it especially the sun.

Tracy said...

Very cute card! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

My comment is lost in space! Cutie of a card! My "stuff" comes today - great idea on the punch.

Anonymous said...

I love this card! The soft backgrounds are subtle - a perfect contrast with the pop of color from the sun, main image, and flowers. Really appeals to me.

Anonymous said...

I can just feel the warmth of that sun! It feels great--and it looks fabulous!

Donna Baker said...

what a great card!!!