Thursday, January 18, 2007

Polka Dots & Paisley


This card is made with the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set I received from the CEO of SU. It was so sweet of her to gift all the demonstrators with these sets, and I think it will be so much fun to play with. :)

I used all SU products to create this. Cool caribbean and pale plum was used for the base, and I used the tone-on-tone technique to stamp the paisley and polka dots. The strip was roughened up with the cutter kit, then wrapped and tied with celery grosgrain ribbon. the main image was inked with pale plum and certainly celery stampin' write markers on whisper white, and layered with pale plum and cool caribbean. At the tops of the stems, I used celery brads. The grass is made by inking up the flower stem with the certainly celery marker, and stamping repeatedly. I used the key tag punch for the sentiment, which was inked with basic black ink. I stamped one more flower, and cut and attached with glue dots and liquid glue. The inspiration for the card is from a card created by Debbie Olson.

2 comments: