Monday, November 16, 2009

Accordion Sledding Hill

Welcome to a new week, and finally...a card. Surprising, right? It's crazy how quickly I get behind here. Oh well!

Today I have a card with an accordion fold that I made with my Ultimate Crafter's Companion. With the winter months soon upon us, I couldn't help picturing kids sledding down the slope, but found I didn't have the images to complete my card. I began to do a search for the stamps to get the look I wanted (have you ever bought new stamps with a specific project in mind?) I came across the super talented Mel M. M. McCarthy's stamping blog, and noticed a most adorable wintry card. I loved the cute images, and took my chances that they would have the type of sledding stamps I was looking for. Jackpot!

(Click image to zoom)
Stamps: Bobby Tumbledore and his scarf take flight (small), Innertubing in the snow, Milo's sled picking up speed (Eat Cake Graphics)
Card Stock:
Bashful Blue, White
Ink: Fresh Snow (PTI), Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Accessories: Ultimate Crafters Companion, Wavy Dot Punch (EK Success), Snowflake Borderabilites, Gems, Quickie Glue Pen & Dazzling Diamonds, Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, Glue Dots, Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by today!!
Thanks for visiting!

26 comments:

Corie said...

This is adorable -- love it

Michele Boyer said...

That is WAY cute, Rose Ann!!! The little sledders are perfect!!

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE this card! Love the fold and those sledding cuties!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card Rose Ann!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! This stamp set looks like it was made just for this type of card! It's adorable! I love the fun colors you chose to contrast with the blue. Too cute!

Velta said...

Oh Rose Ann ~ You really DID find the perfect images...they fit that card sooo well! I am gonna have to check out what the perfect companion is...TFS!!

Velta said...

Oh dear, I found the Ultimate Crafter's Companion...and now I have to have it!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Now isn't this fun?! You always come up with such creative interactive cards, love it!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable Rose Ann! What a cute design!! :)

Joan B said...

perfect use of sledding images. this is adorable!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

What a fun card! How cool to make it tall...perfect for sledding!

Beate said...

Rose Ann, that is soooo cute! I love everything about it.
Hugs and smiles

Allison Rankin said...

This is awesome in every way, the card design, the stamps and the embellies! An A-1 card!

Kristine said...

Hi Rose Ann, this is SNOW sooo CUTE!! :) LOVE THIS! The angles of this are perfect for these sledding kids--you're such a genious! :) Grea card!! I can't wait for snow, I mean if it's going to be this cold and windy we might as well have some white stuff to play in right?!! LOL

Have a wonderful day!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is so darling. I love your snowy hill!!! GREAT fold and a fun, fun card!!!

Lori said...

Adorable! You come up with the best ideas for projects.

Cindy Haffner said...

Rose Ann I love your tall card, so fun.

kathleenh said...

Oh how fun! I love how the little kids are sliding down the edges of your accordian card

diane zechman said...

What a sweet card, Rose Ann! I love your sledding scene!

Denise Marzec said...

Everything about this is totally adorable....the sweet images, the snowy hills...love it all!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, this is just stinkin' adorable! Love those sledders!

Donna Baker said...

this is super cute! Melissa is awesome, great eye candy always on her blog!

Leslie Miller said...

I just can't believe how cute this is! What a fabulous idea for your accordian card. Absolutely adorable, Rose Ann!

Dawn Easton said...

Those images are ADORABLE for sure!! Cute cute cute card, Rose Ann!

Broni said...

This is super, super, super cute!!! What a great idea to use the card as a ski slope!!!

Melanie said...

such a great idea, great design!