Friday, May 30, 2008

Ready to weave?

Are you ready for that promised ribbon weaving tutorial? This is the card I made using the weaved ribbon from my tutorial. The big flower is from my Le Jardin set (Lizzie Anne Designs). I colored it with my Copic markers, and the center has Crystal Effects. I also highlighted this with my clear Spica glitter pen, but it's difficult to see in the photo. The sentiment is from Celebration Sayings (LAD). The Swiss Dots Cuttlebug (Eclectic Paperie) layer is Berry Sorbet from PTI and both of the ribbon colors are from PTI as well.


I will give you the full recipe of the card, then you may scroll down for the tutorial.

Stamps: Le Jardin, Celebration Sayings (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Card Stock: Basic Black, Georgia Pacific White, Berry Sorbet
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, Copic Sketch markers, Clear Spica Glitter pen
Accessories: Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, Scalloped Circle Nestabilites, Big Shot, Berry Sorbet & Sweet Blush 5/8 inch grosgrain ribbon, Sweet Blush Twill Tape, Word Window & Small Oval punches (SU), Crystal Effects, Scor-Tape, Dotto, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots


Ribbon Weaving Tutorial

Supplies:
2 x 3¼ inch piece of card stock
3- 5 inch strips of 5/8 inch ribbon
5- 4 inch strips of 5/8 inch ribbon
¼ inch Scor-Tape (Red liner will work as well)
Dotto
Scissors

**Please note--You may use shorter strips of ribbon, but I like to have a little extra to hold onto. The size of your card stock may be adjusted to suit your project. Make adjustments as needed.



Step 1: Adhere a strip of ¼ inch Scor-Tape to upper edge (2 inch side), of card stock.


Step 2: Peel the liner, and apply the 5-inch strips of ribbon along the edge of your Scor-Tape.


Step 3: Adhere another strip of Scor-Tape along the full length of the right edge of card stock .


Step 4: Peel the liner, and apply the 4-inch strips of ribbon along the edge. (Be sure to keep the strips tight together).

Step 5: Turn the card stock over so that your shorter lengths of ribbon are on the left side, and apply Dotto to the lower edge of the card stock. (This temporary adhesive will help secure your long ribbon strips while you are weaving).


Step 6: Turn card stock over again, and apply a strip of Scor-Tape to the remaining 3 ¼ inch side of the card stock.

Step 7: Begin weaving ribbon. Secure the long lengths to the Dotto as you weave, and the short lengths to the Scor-Tape, peeling the liner as you go.


Step 8: Trim the ends of short ribbon lengths, then apply a strip of Scor-Tape to the remaining short side of the card stock.

Step 9: Secure the long ribbon strips to the Scor-Tape, and trim the ends.


Step 10: Your completed weaving.

I hope you have fun with this! If you decide to give this a try, feel free to leave a link here! :D

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!! Thanks for stopping by!!

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Rose Ann, this is fabulous! I am gonna try my hand at this later this evening after I get dinner over with! It looks really easy! (i'll let ya know how it goes later) LOL

Thanks for sharing and your card is beautious, girl!

Hugs~
Wendy

kathleenh said...

Thanks for the weaving tutorial. It looks pretty easy to follow. That flower on your card is gorgeous! I love the black scallop layer behind it.

Anonymous said...

Rose Ann, your ribbon weaved card is beautiful and your tutorial wonderful!
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome card, and thank you for taking the time to write out a tutorial. Great job! I'm going to HAVE to try this...looks fun!!

Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, D~

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome card and I love that ribbon. Thanks for the tut...always like another tool for my kit!

joslyn said...

love the weaving. very cool.

Alli Miles said...

Fabulous tutorial and card! I always love coming by to see what you are up to. Your creations are always top notch.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cool! Thanks, Rose Ann! This is just beautiful and so fun!

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, love you woven ribbon, the card is great, thanks for the sharing the technique

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tutorial!! I will have to try this sometime! Thanks so much Rose Ann! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Love your card Rose Ann! Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial...I will have to try it this weekend...it's so cool!

Susie said...

Wonderful tutorial - I'll have to give this a try. Awesome card.

Beth Thomas said...

Beautiful card, Rose Ann! And the tutorial is so well written! Hope you have a super weekend!

Libby Hickson said...

Thanks for another great tutorial Rose Ann! Love your finished card, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What a cool tutorial! I haven't done this on a card in "forever"! Thanks for the reminder! Spring is the perfet tine for this, Rose Ann!

Here's to a sweet weekend!
~Tex

Velta said...

Good Grief Rose Ann ~ What a great idea for a card. What an imagination you have...thanks for the tutorial and for the idea...Love the pinks!!

Barbara Schram said...

How cool is this! Thanks so much for showing us...I think I can do this now! I love your card, just beautiful.

Deborah said...

Beautifully made card Rose Ann! Your weave tutorial is easy to follow, thanks for posting it! I am recovering in bed, and I am so glad I stopped by to see what you are up too! Bless you for your support and concern. Take care, Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh this card is gorgeous! And what a wonderful tutorial. TFS!

Melissa said...

I SO have to try this! Thanks for the tutorial Rose Ann!

Many Blessings,
M.

Janine said...

Oh my gosh this is just gorgeous.!!
Thanks for sharing all the info!!
Appreciate it very much!

Donna Baker said...

this is so cool! I love your card

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool, what fun, awesome job on this, TFS.

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Fantastic tutorial RoseAnn. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful job!

Unknown said...

Great tutorial! I gave you a shout out for Tutorial Tuesday over at Card of the Week.com. Thanks so much for sharing!

Alex said...

Great tutorial and your card is fabulous! I want to try this because you make it look easy although I know it won't be - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Very cool tutorial -- thank you!!!

Melanie said...

sorry i've been a stranger! this is a great tutorial, it's (a little) easier than I thought(might even have to try it!;)

Anonymous said...

That is really neat!! Thanks for showing us how you do it!

dpkennedy said...

Great tutorial! Thanks!

Val said...

Awesome tutorial! You make it look so easy. I will have to try this. Thank you!!

Clear Card said...

Thanks for the cards. And this card is really nice and hopefully you will be add some more in your list. keep sharing like this.

mappear said...

Lovely collection of the cards and the tutorial so for, Because with the help of this nice tutorial i can learn easily that how to make these cards.
Plastic Card.