Friday, January 25, 2008

How Sweet For Mom

Images ©Gina K. Designs, LLC


Sorry I haven't been on here much this week. I have been busy with the kids (homework), and too worn out to stamp at night by the time they go to bed.

This card is for my Mom for her birthday. She loves cheesecake, so that was what I was going for here. My Mom is a Type 2 diabetic, so when I saw Gina K.'s new stamps for a cause...of course I had to get it. Never mind that it's sooo cute too!! (Oh...and I also have a nephew who is Type 1). If you want to learn more about this special "How Sweet it is!" stamp set, click here.

I decided to do another of Kirsten's Kick Stand cards. They are fun, and quick to make. The patterned paper is Maybe Baby Valentine 8x8 pad by daisyd's (Jacksonbelle Embellishments). My Nestabilites were used for the circle and scalloped circle, and the image was colored with my Copic Sketch markers. The ribbon is from the retired Flirty collection (SU).

Thanks for looking, and have a fun weekend!!

Stamps: How Sweet it is! (Gina K. Designs, LLC)
Card Stock: Pale Plum, Rose Red, Neenah Solar White, Maybe Baby Valentine (daisyd's)
Ink: Palette Noir, Copic Sketch markers, Spica Glitter pens
Accessories: Flirty ribbon (SU), Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities & Big Shot, Crystal Effects (on the flame), Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

22 comments:

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Hey Rose Ann,
I'm glad you see you're okay, I was about to get worried. Super cute kick stand card for your mom, hope she has a great B-day!!
Take care!

Libby Hickson said...

This card is so cute, love the yummy colors!!

Melissa said...

Lovely!

Dawn Easton said...

Super cute card Rose Ann! I love that DP along with the image! It's a wonderful card and I'm sure your Mom will love it!

Melanie said...

Adorable, lvoe that paper, ribbon, colors! I need to ink up this set next!

Donna Baker said...

very nice...love the DP and your coloring, fun card!

Deb said...

Good to see you back, love your card, what a great stamp!

Alex said...

Good to know you are okay - was wondering what happened to ya *wink*! Your card is so cute and yummy your mom will love it! Have a fabulous weekend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lauren said...

Your mom will love this! Great job - it's very cheerful.

Michele Kovack said...

I am sure your mom will love it!!! So pretty!

Susie said...

Very, very *sweet*. Your Mom will love it.

Alhambra Club said...

This is so pretty, love that dotted paper and kickstand card

joslyn said...

this is a sweet card. love it.

Lori Craig said...

This is adorable, Rose Ann. I love that layout...I need to use it again soon. :)

Catherine said...

Hi Rose Ann, I hear you being tired after working 8 hours, drive an hour to and from work, school homework and then dinner.. men, i'm tired just typing that..LOL!

Love this card, I can't wait for my set to come.

fran said...

Really cute card - what a nice stamp set! I need to order one of those! Sorry you're feeling so tired - no help here - just sending lots of love!

Taylor said...

You sure can color thos images!! I love it - makes me want some cheesecake!

kathleenh said...

Cute card! Mom will love it. You are really good with those copics!

Anonymous said...

Great birthday card, Rose Ann! Your mom will adore this one! The kickstand style is so fun & versatile!

~Bev

Debbie Olson said...

So lovely, Rose Ann! That's a great set!

sophia landry said...

Awsome card Rose-Ann. I love those kickstand cards! Your color choice was awsome, as was your use of this cute set!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is wonderful!!! I have yet to try a kick stand card -- I had better get with the program!!! TFS!!!