Friday, June 29, 2007

For Taylor & Jen's Challenge

My new My Favorite Things Stamp sets arrived today, and I wanted to to make my first card. This image of the trick-or-treaters, is what pushed me "over the edge" to place my first MFT order. I was already planning to try my new stamps, and when I was browsing my favorite blogs...I found that Taylor & Jen were doing a blog candy contest for the new MFT July release stamp set. Of course I had to enter, and found that you can get a bonus entry by linking a new creation made with MFT stamps. Here's what I came up with.

I know it's still quite early for Halloween...but aren't these little "guys" so adorable? I have some of my retired SU Halloween Night designer paper from last year, so I put it to good use. I watercolored the image with my markers (scribbled on a smooth surface as a palette), and Aqua Painter. The dotting around the image was done with my black marker to match the pattern on the designer paper.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have a wonderful day!!

Stamps: Fright Night
Card Stock: Pumpkin Pie, Vintage Violet, Shimmery White, Halloween Night
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Stampin' Write Markers: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Close To Cocoa, Going Gray
Accessories: Key Tag Punch, Cuttlebug Spots & Dots Embossing Folder & Big Shot, Vintage Violet Stitched Ribbon, Aqua Painter, Glue Dots & Stampin' Dimensionals

18 comments:

Karen said...

Great card. When I first looked at that card, I though you had embossed the background an colored all the different colored circles! Great DP!

Kim said...

Very cute card!! I love the papers you used and yes, these little guys are some of my favorites too! Good luck in the contest!

Dottie K said...

Rose Ann this is just so adorable. Love the colors and those little guys are so cute. Good Luck!

chelemom said...

This is such a cute card! Love all the layers! I just got my first MFT order yesterday too! I ordered the Fall and coffee sets!

Dawn Griffith said...

Love this stamp its sooo cute .. I so love Halloween stamps and this one is the cuttest ... You did Fabulous
xoxox
Dawn

Julie Masse said...

Very very cute - love teh images and they go great with the Halloween paper!! Good job!

joslyn said...

such a cute card. i love that stamp. i might have to place my first MFT order. hmmmm....

Melissa said...

SO cute! I don't have any MFT stamps yet, but hope to really soon!

Angie said...

What a great card!!! I want that set too!!
Good Luck with the contest!

Taylor VanBruggen said...

This is so cute!! I love the colors you used! Thanks for participating in our little game! :)

Sherrie said...

these are adorable little guys! Love the dp you put with them!

Melanie aka Batgirl said...

Love it! have a great weekend!

Julie Campbell said...

This is a great card! I found your site from your posting on Jen's give-a-way. You do awesome work!

fran said...

These little guys are so cute! Makes me want to go trick or treat!

domenica said...

What an adorable card, I just love this stamp set. And no, it isn't too early- I throw a big kid's Halloween Party each year, so I need to things going myself! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Bethany Paull said...

Really great job on this. I love the pattern you created for the frame, instead of just all the same sized dots or something. Wonderful!

Leslie Miller said...

Very cute! I just love this paper, too, but don't have it. Wish I did, though, because it really doesn't have to be for Halloween--very versatile and I love the colors!

Taylor VanBruggen said...

You're a winner at my blog! Check out the post here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2007/07/winners.html
and email me with your snail mail address! :)