Sunday, May 6, 2007

Blossoms Abound





I'm so bad. I pre-ordered this set last year, and this is the first time it's seen ink. With lilacs coming into bloom...I thought it was high time to get this out.

For the main image, I used craft ink because I thought it might look richer (not sure that I achieved that). I stamped extra leaves, and mounted them with Stampin' Dimensionals. The lighter colored blossoms have Crystal Effects on them. I decided to try fraying the Eggplant grosgrain for a different look. I used all SU materials and supplies to make this card.

Have a nice day, and thanks for browsing over. ;)

Stamps: Blossoms Abound, Floral
Card Stock: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive Craft, Elegant Eggplant Craft, Lovely Lilac Craft, Old Olive Classic
Accessories: Crafter's Tool Kit, Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Brads, Crystal Effects, Stampin' Sponges,
Stampin' Dimensionals

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh....I love the card! I do think it looks good with the craft ink! I love how rich the Purple and the olive look together!
I know what you mean. I preordered the set and haven't touched it yet, other then to mount it. I am surprised it wasn't on that big old retirement list.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Rose Ann...love the frayed ribbon, the triple brads, the paper piercing...Beautiful!

Joan said...

This card is gorgeous! Wow.

Michele Kovack said...

This is another lovely card! You never cease to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous set and I love the card you made with it! That green Floral background is so lush--just like Spring!

Heidi said...

Rose Ann this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the background goes perfectly with those lilacs! How come I can't get my lilacs to look like that? You're gonna have to have a class for those of us 'flower challenged'!

Alli said...

Rose Ann, this is just so rich and elegant. I love this set so much, I find it so easy to use, don't think I have made anything this gorgeous though.

Anonymous said...

OOOO I got this card today in my mail box I sooo love it and it is sooo much more beautiful IRL girlie .. Thank you so Much I will showcase it on my blog after my surgery . sorry for the delay .. But I just wanted to thank you Rose Ann:-) your the sweetest ..
Thank you so Much

Nancy said...

OMGoodness....this is such a gorgeous card! Lilacs are one of my favorite flowers even though I don't get to see them here in Phoenix.
I love everything about this card...the frayed ribbon, brads, the colors you used and of course the lilac!