Thursday, January 4, 2007

Think Spring


Yes....I know winter just became official, but I am already thinking about spring. The weather here hasn't really been wintry, and I'm not complaining.....but I am always a bit more cheerful when the grass gets greener, and the flowers start to bloom. This card was created a while ago for another Demo meeting. Most of the time I CASE other designs, but when I am doing a challenge or swap, I use my own design. I used all SU products here. The body of the card is marigold morning, with a layer of cool caribbean stamped in the same color with the Flannel Plaid background stamp. The main image from Sassy Stems... is stamped with Jet Black StaZon (I always use when I watercolor), and colored in using classic ink with the aqua painter on watercolor paper. You can hardly tell, but the centers of the flowers have a little touch of the white gel pen treatment. I used the ticket corner punch on the main image mats, and tied them altogether with black gingham ribbon, and mounted with stampin' dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped in basic black with the 'thank you' stamp from the Much Appreciated stamp set. It was off center a little, so I just fixed it by inking up the flower from the sassy stems with a basic black stampin' write marker.

No comments: