Sunday, July 20, 2008

DVD Tin & Frozey

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a good weekend, and enjoying these summer days! We have not been on vacation yet, and have plans to go in the near future. Meanwhile, I have been busy attempting to fulfill my DT commitments, birthday cards, gifts, (etc.), and it hasn't been easy. ;) I am behind in checking out all of your fabulous creations, and I know I'm missing out!! I promise to come and visit as I am able.


I needed a gift for a friend, so I put this DVD tin together for her. There were no stamps used in this project, because I used a the Sweet Branch Collection from Crate Paper. The kit has lots of pretty double-sided paper, die cuts, and rubons!! I bought mine from Lindsey here.

Open view

Left side


Right side


I made this silly card with my Frozey DoodleFactory stamp and Starving Artistamps stamps. (Fern Leaf Tooled Leather background, Quirky). That hair is just too funny, so I had to use the new sentiment from the Quirky set with this. Perhaps it will give someone a good chuckle. By the way...I think I have a bad hair day every day. My hair is naturally wavy, and we've had so much humidity these days, that I have given up on it...lol!


I'm not going to get into all of the details about my projects today, but let me know if you have any questions, and I will try to answer them. I hope you have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!!

16 comments:

Alli Miles said...

I so know what you mean about being behind...I had over 600 posts in my google reader after my vacation and about 700 e-mails *lol* I am only JUST catching up now and it's been 9 days since I returned home. This tin is FABULOUS! I just love your work. I hope you get a nice little break very soon. Hugs.

Dawn Easton said...

Rose Ann, that DVD tin is beautiful!! I've never used the dies that come in those kits...I really should! Your friend will LOVE this!

That card is a hoot! haha...love the hair...haha!!

Have a fab Sunday!

Anonymous said...

love that bad hair day -- i'm with you on the wavy hair always losing out to the humidity!

Melissa said...

That tin is super sweet Rose Ann! And Frozey is TOOOO much!!! Hahahahaha! I have naturally big and curly hair too so I can totally relate! :o)

Many Blessings,
M.

Allison Rankin said...

Very cool tin but I just love your Starving Artistamps card!

Alex said...

Really cute tin.....she will LOVE it!!! And, love the bad hair day card, so totally made me smile!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Janine said...

Lucky friend!! What a great gift!

Anonymous said...

That tin is lovely! I'm sure your friend will love it! And I just cracked up at the "bad hair day" card! It's too funny! Have a great week! Jackie

Deb said...

what a fabulous gift the DVD tin would make, it is so pretty, such a funny card too, love the strange little guy

Denise Marzec said...

This tin ROCKS, Rose Ann!

Diane said...

I'm sure your friend will LOVE this tin,it's absolutely gorgeous!
And that card...i'm sure he looks alot like so many of us in the morning!!!

Lauren said...

I have given up on the frizz fight too. That card is hysterical!!! I love this stationary set. It's such a perfect gift.

kathleenh said...

The DVD tin is pretty! I got a chuckle out of your bad hair day card. That guy with the fro is too cute! I think we can all relate to the bad hair day dilemma.

Bethany Paull said...

Such a beautiful gift set! And your bad hair day card really cracked me up!

Donna Baker said...

what a great tin! Your Frozey Bad Hair Day is awesome-I totally can relate to that with the humidity!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the DVD tin! It's a very nice gift and a handy little unit. Gosh, you really have been busy. Hey, at least Frozey's hair has some body. A bad hair day for me means either limp or fly away, or maybe there will be a piece just sticking out doing nothing. It sure is hard to keep up with things sometimes, isn't it?